Common Core Standards
The Common Core is informed by the highest, most effective standards from states across the United States and countries around the world. The standards define the knowledge and skills students should gain throughout their K-12 education in order to graduate high school prepared to succeed in entry-level careers, introductory academic college courses, and workforce training programs.
The standards are:
- 1.Research- and evidence-based
- 2.Clear, understandable, and consistent
- 3.Aligned with college and career expectations
- 4.Based on rigorous content and application of knowledge through higher-order thinking skills
- 5.Built upon the strengths and lessons of current state standards
- Informed by other top performing countries in order to prepare all students for success in our global economy and society. Retrieved from: http://www.corestandards.org/ Please click on the link to find out more information.